PREMISES IMPROVEMENT SCHEME
More than £300,000 paid out in grants.
Enterprising Bathgate’s Premises Improvement Scheme is proving to be more popular than ever as it continues to support businesses and organisations in the town.
This scheme allows Enterprising Bathgate to help existing businesses plan a series of improvements to their premises, as well as helping new businesses to set up. It also has a positive visual impact on the appearance of Bathgate and improves the quality of units available in the town centre.
The facts and figures behind the scheme show the outstanding contribution this initiative has made to the regeneration of Bathgate town centre.
Which properties are eligible?
- Any property which is liable to be assessed for Non Domestic Rates and situated within Bathgate town centre Business Improvement District is eligible
- As a general rule if you are liable to pay the BID levy you are eligible for a grant
When does the scheme start and finish?
- Each scheme runs annually from 1st April to 31st March, to coincide with Enterprising Bathgate’s financial year
- A new scheme will be available each year until 2017-18
- Businesses can take part every year
Which sort of improvements qualify for a grant?
Any improvements to the actual property, whether internal or external, qualify for a grant.
- replacing doors and windows
- painting frontages
- installing heating
- upgrading toilets or staff facilities
- electrical improvements
- replacing ceilings and lighting
- new flooring
This is not an exhaustive list and if you are in any doubt as to eligibility please contact the Enterprising Bathgate office: