PREMISES IMPROVEMENT SCHEME 2022-23
In accordance with our Business Plan, Enterprising Bathgate will be running a Premises Improvement Scheme in each year of its five year term. We look forward to the same level of participation as before from the businesses in our BID area.
The current scheme runs from 1 April 2022 – 30 June 2023 and covers qualifying expenditure carried out and invoiced during that period.
On average more than 80 businesses participate in our annual scheme with an average grant award in excess of £500.
In our business survey 100% of responders either strongly agreed or agreed with the statement,
“The Premises Improvement Scheme provides real support for businesses and should continue as an annual project”.
Which properties are eligible?
• Any property which is liable to be assessed for Non Domestic Rates and situated within Bathgate town centre Business Improvement District is eligible.
• As a general rule if you are liable to pay the BID levy you are eligible for a grant.
Which sort of improvements qualify for a grant?
Any improvements to the actual property, whether internal or external, qualify for a grant. Examples include:*
• new signage
• replacing doors and windows
• painting frontages
• installing heating
• upgrading toilets or staff facilities
• electrical improvements
• replacing ceilings and lighting
• new flooring
*This is not an exhaustive list and if you are in any doubt as to eligibility please contact the Enterprising Bathgate office: Tel: 01506 637537 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org